Hi there :) I am a PhD candidate in the Marketing and Strategy Section at Cardiff Business School. I am incredibly passionate about sustainability, well-being and innovation related topics.
My PhD project examines the interplay between the "Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015" and the "Digital strategy for Wales." Consequently, I have been analysing the potential contribution of digital technologies to achieving a wide range of sustainable development goals, in the context of Wales.
During my data collection, I became inspired by the multitude of digital health initiatives taking place in Wales. Therefore, I have been attempting to decipher the link between digital health and a sustainability agenda, in a Welsh context.
A concept which has strongly emerged from my research is "digital inclusion". Accordingly, exploring the notion of social justice in an increasingly digitalized public sector has been at the forefront of my most recent research endeavours.
Graduate Tutor 2023/24:
- Understanding Organisations and the Business Environment (BST710)
- Global Marketing (BST711)
- MSc in Social Science Research Methods (2021)
- Master's in Environmental Protection (2019)
Outside of Academia:
Prior to embarking on my PhD, I was a tennis player. I represented Serbia at the European Junior Championships in July, 2009 (Villach, Austria). Additionally, I played professional tennis from September, 2010 to March, 2017 attaining a career high ranking of 490 WTA. Whilst competing, I utilized the English spelling of my last name, which is "Kachar."
Honours and awards
- Recipient of the Hodge Foundation Public Value Doctoral Scholarship (2021-2024)
- Recipient of Erasmus+ mobility grant for studying abroad at Warsaw University of Life Sciences (WULS-SGGW) (Spring/Summer 2018)
- Information systems for sustainable development and the public good
- Digital health
- Digital inclusion
- Qualitative research methods