I am a full-time PhD student in the School of Law and Politics. My research focusses on British development policy and the creation of DfID during the early years of the Blair administration. I use a variety of primary sources - including archival and original interview material - to analyse the effect that the creation of DfID had within the British core executive, and on British foreign policy.
I teach two first-year modules in the School of Law and Politics.
- Introduction to Globalisation
- Introduction to International Relations
Presentation to the winter 2022 Postgraduate Symposium.
- Hosted in the School of Law and Politics, Cardiff University.
- I presented a collection of thoughts on the importance of political ideology in the foundation of DfID.
Committees and reviewing
Co-organiser of the 2022 Breaking Boundaries Conference.
- Hosted by the Doctoral Academy, Cardiff University.
- British history
- UK government and politics
- Development studies
- British foreign policy