Mrs Mary-Kate Lewis
As Operations Manager at the Academy for Learning and Teaching, I am responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Academy. This includes HR, finance, CPD events, communications, and our suite of innovation funding. I also support the running of the Academi Gymraeg (Welsh Language Academy) and the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol branch.
- Managing the University’s student summer On-Campus Internships programme, which includes CUROP and CUSEIP.
- Managing the annual Academy Innovation Funding
- Overseeing the annual Academy CPD Programme for Learning & Teaching
- Supporting the work of Welsh Language Academi and the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol branch.
- Managing finance and HR operations for the Academy.
I joined Cardiff University in September 2015, following five years working at the University of South Wales. At USW I worked on a £10million European Social Fund Programme, which funded the development of Foundation Degrees for employed people living and/or working in West Wales and the Valleys. I joined Cardiff as a Project Manager, tasked with setting up the precursor to the LT Academy, the Centre for Education Innovation. During this project phase we established the Education Innovation Fund, the learning and teaching arm of the On-Campus Internships Programme, CUSEIP, and ran a number of learning and teaching events.
Since its inception in 2015 the division has evolved and grown, as has my role, and I am now the Operations Manager for the team, supporting all aspects of the day to day running of the Academy, as well as managing our funding streams.