Mr John Wylie
Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
Patrick qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1993, working closely with fast growing, small and medium sized businesses. In 1996, he left Grant Thornton LLP, joining an audit client in the manufacturing sector as Finance Director.
In 2001, Patrick entered the service sector joining the hospitality division of Compass Group plc. In 2009, he left Compass Group to take up a lecturing role at Cardiff Business School. Patrick continues to work closely with fast growing local businesses and brings a mix of academic and industry experience to his lecturing role.
- Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Management Accounting, Module Leader and Lecturer (Year 2 Undergraduate)
- Entrepreneurial Finance, Module Leader and Lecturer. (MSc)
- Financial Management, Module Leader and Lecturer. (MBA)
Additional teaching activities
- Undergraduate Partnership Programme Manager - The Undergraduate Partnership Programme is a partnership with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, Cardiff University, Warwick University and Manchester University. The partnership provides opportunities for students to take a year work placement with Institute approved employers
- Admissions tutor for Accounting and Finance undergraduate programmes
- BSc Accounting, University of Wales, Aberystwyth
- MBA, School of Management, Bath University
- FCA, Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- FHEA, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy