She is working on an NIHR-funded research project led by Professor Jonathan Scourfield - Family Group Conferencing for Children and Families: Evaluation of Implementation, Context, and Effectiveness (Family VOICE), and a Nuffield Foundation-funded project led by Clive Dias - Parental Advocacy in England: a realist evaluation of implementation
Kar Man also participated in another NIHR-funded research project led by Professor Jerry Tew of Birmingham University- Family Group Conferencing in Adult Social Care and Mental Health: Exploring How it works and what difference it can make in people's lives.
In addition to the research work, Kar Man also has other collaborations with Royal Holloway University London and the University of Sussex.
Furthermore, she serves as a Parent Advocate for the Child Protection and Family Group conferences at the London Borough of Camden. She is a member and coordinator of the Camden Family Advisory Board. In addition, Kar Man holds the position of Lay Member in the Camden Safeguarding Children Partnership.
As a Relational Activist and working with Relational Activism, Kar Man is dedicated to using her experience through work and relationships to achieve social change. Her interests revolve around Family Group Conferences, Peer/Parent Advocacy, Participation, Co-Design, Child Protection, Child Development, and Domestic Abuse.
- Family Group Conferencing for Children and Families: Evaluation of Implementation, Context, and Effectiveness (Family VOICE)
- Parental Advocacy in England: a realist evaluation of implementation
- Family Group Conferencing in Adult Social Care and Mental Health: Exploring How it works and what difference it can make
(2023) Parent Advocacy - Developing Parental Advocacy in Camden, EUSARF Symposium, EUSARF 2023, University of Sussex
(2023) Relational Activism and Developing Parental Advocacy in Camden, Social Work Education, Research and Practice in turbulent times, JSWEC 2023, University of Strathclyde
(2023) Can complex systems be captured in real-world routine evaluation? Reflections from research on family group conferences, 12th European Conference of Social Work Research – ESWRA, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
(2022) Examining the Roots of Harm(s) in Child Welfare to Unlock Possibilities for Healing and Restoration, A Call to Action to Change Child Welfare Conference, The Kempe Conference US
(2022) Coming together to promote change: The development of parent advocacy, Royal Holloway University London
- 2020' Anglia Ruskin University London - International Business Management : First Class Honours
Honours and awards
- Top Achiever Award - Undergraduate Major Project, Anglia Ruskin University London (2020)
- Top Achiever Award - Business Strategy, Anglia Ruskin University London (2020)
- Top Achiever Award - Business Information, Anglia Ruskin University London (2019)
- Graduate Young Enterprise Professional - Young Enterprise, Leeds University Business School (2009)