Mrs Joanna Emery
Knowledge Exchange Officer
- MSc Admissions - processing applications and dealing with queries and requests
- MSc Enrolment - preparing documents
- MSc Allocation – assign personal tutors and group allocations
- MSc Teaching - update handbook, coordinate room allocation and teaching modules
- MSc Projects - acquire suitable dissertation projects, submit student CV's, student placements and liaise between students, staff and project sponsor during project period
- MSc Admin - maintain documentation relating to students, modules, exams etc.
- Liaise with Library regarding submission of MSc dissertation to library
- MSc point of contact for any queries
- WIMCS coordinator and administrator
- Member of the School Administration Committee
- Arrange Career talks and recruitment visits for Undergrads and MSc students
- Coordinate Case Study Days
- HMC² Administrator
- To promote Cardiff School of Mathematics and WIMCS research capabilities and teaching programmes to external organisations
- Support the development of research activities in the health modelling domain
- Assist the School of Mathematics in finding placements for both the undergraduate degree schemes and postgraduate degrees.
For 11 years worked for GE Aircraft Engines, where the business overhauled passenger aircraft engines for 100's of customers, held a range of positions of varying responsibilities, finally leaving as a Sourcing Manager.
Some of my key responsibilities were to manage and lead a large team of people in liaising daily with suppliers and vendors and improving performance levels in line with customer commits.
I was responsible for forecasting of spare parts covering five different engine types. I continuously achieved reduction in stock levels through project work while avoiding any impact on delivery of material to engine build programmes.
I have been green belt and Lean Six Sigma trained and headed up various projects using these skills.
On leaving University I worked for a short time as an engineer, designing test structures for the semiconductor industry and developing new ideas.