Dr Eirian Green
I enjoy teaching students in every year of the Optometry course over a wide range of modules. I teach by delivering lectures, supervising practical classes and clinics and giving tutorials. The modules I cover are listed below:
- OP0203 - Year 0 - Module leader for Biochemistry for Optometry module.
- OP0205 - Year 0 - Deliver Dispensing part of Optometry module.
- OP1202 - 1st Year - Supervise Dispensing practical classes.
- OP1205 - 1st Year - Lecture Biochemistry part of Cells to Systems module.
- OP2201 - 2nd Year - Supervise Dispensing practical classes.
- OP3101 - 3rd Year - Supervise Dispensing clinics.
- OP3205 - 3rd Year - Lecture on Occupational Optometry, Law and Business
The Wales Optometry Postgraduate Education Centre (WOPEC) have also employed me to deliver lectures and practical classes on Dispensing for the MSc Postgraduate Course (Learning Disabilities and Paediatric Optometry Modules). I also teach practical dispensing on the Doctors$acirc; Course for WOPEC 3 times per year.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- 1996 -2002- PhD, Metallothionein mediated resistance of astrocytomas to radiotherapy and chemotherapy, Cardiff University
- 1993 - 1996- BSc (2:1 Hons.), Biochemistry with Medical Biochemistry, Cardiff University
- 2004 - 2007- FBDO, Association of British Dispensing Opticians, Kent
- 2013 - present- Teacher, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University
- 2008 - present- Dispensing Optician, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University
- 2002 - 2003- Postdoctoral Research Scientist, University of Zurich
- 2000 - 2001- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff
Committees and reviewing
- 2008 - present- Member of Exam Board
- 2009 - present- Member of Clinic Committee
- 2010 - present- Member of Strategic Planning Committee
- 2010 - present- Member of the Health and Wellbeing Committee (Cardiff University)