I am Michail-Georgios Papachristos. I am from Greece and I am a PhD student in Cardiff University. My research project involves developing an Artificial Intelligence pipeline that combines histology, transcriptomics, MRI, and spectral tissue imaging data retrieved from prostate cancer biopsies for cancer progression and patient outcome prediction. The main objective of the project entails finding spatial patterns in histological images associated with prostate cancer. Another main aim of the project involves gaining a better understanding of the biological and molecular dynamics underpinning prostate cancer tissue.
I did my bachelor's and my master's degree in Maastricht University in the Netherlands. My bachelor was in science with a focus in Physics and Mathematics, while my master was in Systems Biology. My master thesis involved a combination of genomics, neuroimaging, and behavioral data for working memory prediction across individuals.
- MSc Systems Biology at Maastricht University (2021-2023)
- BSc Liberal Arts and Sciences/Maastricht Science Programme at Maastricht University (2017-2021)
Honours and awards
- Cum laude distinction for BSc in Liberal Arts and Sciences/Maastricht Science Programme at Maastricht University
- Cancer screening, prevention and early diagnosis
- Genomics and transcriptomics
- Biomedical imaging